Tuesday, May 8, 2012

WOW " Oh WHAT A NIGHT"

What can I say but THANK YOU. Thank you to all the people that came out today. A special thanks to all the people that voted for me and came out in the rain to vote. I feel like I have just won an Oscar right about now. Who do I thank? Well, First is my Dad that I miss so much and who I was drawing my inner strength. My Mom she is the best Mom I could ever ask for. The husband Steve of 22 years that supports my every move. Justin and Ashley who he taught me how to fight for all children. John Young and Elizabeth Scheinberg while we may not always agree the bottom line is children come first and there is no hidden agenda. Thank you all again, now I can finally get some well needed sleep.

Thank you to the Principals, the teachers and other works who helped get me keep my seat.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are happy however, the right person didn't win tonight. I am a mother of four living within the Christiana School district and I can tell you that I am glad my children aren't attending. I believe that the board really needs to focus on the children more and maybe this district would be a lot better. But, instead the board has done nothing but belittle people and other schools that have been proven to work. Its only about money to this district and it makes me sick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonynmous,

    I respect that you believe that the "right person didn't win." Like you, I am a mother in our district, with a son who graduated from Christina and a daughter currently attending our PZ high school, Glasgow.

    Seeing the Christina School District succeed is my priority. And for many years, I would agree that the focus was not on our children - the district suffered while it dug it's way out of debt after Dr. Wise left. (Last year, we made our final loan payment.) And even today, there are leaders who are more concerned about adults than they are children. I am not one them.

    For the past three years, some members on our board have been working against the grain (and status quo) to bring the focus back on the classroom. Christina needs a new direction. And I believe that the voters have finally chosen board membes who are willing to put up that fight to put our resources into educating students, despite a political will to move money into the hands of educational consultants whose work does not touch our children and actually impedes instruction.

    There are no fast ways to move Christina along. But, we do need to make thoughtful and deliberate choices to construct a route to success. It can be done. I am committed to seeing it through.

    I hope that before this next term comes to an end, you may see reason to change your mind about Christina. In the meantime, I completely respect your choices for your children and I wish you and them much luck!

    ReplyDelete