Sunday, May 6, 2012

Securing Scholarships for Groves Adults Learners

To all of my Christina Family,
I am very pleased to announce for the second straight year, Wilmington University has awarded one of our Albert Groves Adult Night School Students a full scholarship. One of my passions is to make sure we acknowledge and support those in our community who choose Groves for their for their education.  While many associate the Groves School with serving adults, the program also accepts students at young as 16 years old.

As a board member, I have witnessed the impact that the Groves School makes in the lives of non-traditional learners.  In 2010 and 2011, I approached Wilmington University to secure a four year scholarship for a Groves graduate, both times Wilmington Univeristy has responded with a resounding "Yes!"

I am so happy to be able to forward news of this award to the Albert Groves Adult Night School administration who will choose the recipient of the scholarship.

For all of our adult learners, I pledge to continue my efforts will continue to get more Delaware universities and colleges involved in this on-going scholarship endeavour. I would also like to thank Dr. Jack P. Varsalona President of Wimington University and all of his wonderful staff for making this happen.

2 comments:

  1. Not related to this post at all, but if it matters The Delaware Libertarian just endorsed your candidacy.

    http://delawarelibertarian.blogspot.com/2012/05/and-tomorrow-is-school-board-election.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Steve for your endorsement it means the world to me. Thank you again for your support.

    ReplyDelete